How I Used This Year To Learn A New Language

How I Used This Year To Learn A New LanguageHow I Used This Year To Learn A New LanguageI’ve been saying that I want to learn a new language for years now, but it keeps falling lower and lower on my to-do list. 

Between work, social obligations, and trying to find time to relax—AND surviving a global pandemic—I don’t have the time to go to classes or hire a tutor.

I always assumed that becoming bilingual would take a lot of time and money. A few months ago, I decided to stop making excuses and see if there was an easy way for me to start learning French. The pandemic this year has forced us all to spend more time at home, so what better time to pick up a new skill.

I thought about signing up for online classes, but that would still require me to submit assignments and stick to a course schedule. I need something that fits with my lifestyle, and luckily I found Rosetta Stone.

Here is how I used my time this year to learn a new language, and how Rosetta Stone got me there!

Lessons Only Take Less Than 30 Minutes A Day

Turns out learning a new language doesn’t have to require long hours and pointless assignments! Rosetta Stone is designed to fit into your everyday life. Lessons take only 15 to 30 minutes a day!

The bite-sized lessons make it easier for your brain to absorb the learnings. All of their lessons are interesting and interactive and designed to teach you real conversational vocabulary.

I love that I can pop in my headphones on the way to work or when I’m cleaning my apartment, so it’s much better than sitting through a boring class.

It’s Convenient

Rosetta Stone’s app could not be more convenient. You can use it any time, anywhere.

The learning never stops, even without WiFi! You can download the lessons and listen to them on your commute. I love that I can use that time to learn. It’s so much better than scrolling social media for half an hour straight!

Check out the app now.

eiffel tour over Seine river

Interactive Features

Rosetta Stone has a ton of innovative features, like TruAccent®, which shows you exactly how accurate your pronunciation is when you speak. It’s awesome because I feel like I never know what I actually sound like, so this definitely gave me more confidence.

The Phrasebook and Seek & Speak® features are going to be a godsend when I visit Paris later this year.

Phrasebook teaches you short, useful expressions that you will need to know if you visit the country of origin for your language.

Seek & Speak® lets you partake in a fun scavenger hunt-like activity for everyday items, like fruits and veggies. It tasks you with seeking out a list of items, and once you take an image of one of the items, it will translate it for you. Such a fun and interactive way to keep the learning going! I can’t wait to hit up a farmer’s market and test it out.

person wearing a black hat sitting outside in paris

I Have Access To All Languages

When you sign up for Rosetta Stone‘s annual or lifetime plan, you get access to all of their languages. The languages they offer include:

  • Arabic
  • Dutch
  • Filipino
  • French
  • German
  • Greek
  • Hebrew
  • Hindi
  • Irish
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Mandarin Chinese
  • Persian
  • Polish
  • Portuguese
  • Russian
  • Spanish
  • Sweedish
  • Turkish
  • Vietnamese

I’m determined to crack French, but I love having the option to pick up a conversational grasp of a new language if I travel to that country.

Get started learning one (or more) of these beautiful languages now!

It’s Affordable

An annual subscription to Rosetta Stone is only $9.99 a month and gives you access to all of the languages. They also have a Lifetime Subscription, and to join you only need to pay a one-time fee of $179! Or if you wanna try it out before committing, their 3-month subscription costs $11.99 per month.

Rosetta Stone subscription options

Such a steal, considering the number of awesome features their program has. Rosetta Stone is way more affordable than going to classes or hiring a tutor, and their approach to learning is just better. Especially not that they’re offering free tutoring sessions through the end of June!

 

I’ve been using Rosetta Stone for two months, and I’m really proud of my progress. Their app makes it easy to stick to it and not give up.

I can finally tick “learn French” off my bucket list!

Don’t wait any longer — learn a new language with Rosetta Stone now!

The folks at Rosetta Stone are extending a special offer to our readers: Up to 45% off Rosetta Stone + Unlimited Language Access!

 

How I Used This Year To Learn A New Language

The post How I Used This Year To Learn A New Language appeared first on Miss Millennia Magazine.



from Miss Millennia Magazine

Post a Comment

0 Comments